This project is read-only.
1
Vote

Error after upgrading to 5.1.1

description

Hi. I get the following error trying to bring up a tab with the FAQ module:

Error: FAQs is currently unavailable. DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Modules.FAQs.FAQsInfo.GetProperty(String strPropertyName, String strFormat, CultureInfo formatProvider, UserInfo AccessingUser, Scope AccessLevel, Boolean& PropertyNotFound) at DotNetNuke.Services.Tokens.BaseCustomTokenReplace.replacedTokenValue(String strObjectName, String strPropertyName, String strFormat) at DotNetNuke.Services.Tokens.BaseTokenReplace.ReplaceTokens(String strSourceText) at DotNetNuke.Modules.FAQs.FAQsController.ProcessTokens(FAQsInfo faqItem, String template) at DotNetNuke.Modules.FAQs.FAQs.lstFAQs_ItemDataBound(Object sender, DataListItemEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.OnItemDataBound(DataListItemEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at DotNetNuke.Modules.FAQs.FAQs.BindData() at DotNetNuke.Modules.FAQs.FAQs.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

comments

bseems wrote Apr 27, 2015 at 11:44 PM

I think I solved this problem. It seems that with version 5.0.0 of the DNN FAQ extension, a categoryId of -1 was allowed. (In the UI, this just appears with the "select category" item selected -- and then the FAQ item has a little hyphen next to it.) But when we upgraded to 5.1.1, we started getting the error above, presumably because the code didn't like the fact that a FAQ entry was referring to a CategoryId (-1) that didn't exist. (I think I was mistaken when I suggested in the subject of the post that this was due to the DNN upgrade.) So, to fix the problem, I just updated the FAQ table to point the two bad entries to a valid CategoryId.

Thanks,
Ben